Verdin is an award-winning, full service marketing agency serving multiple California counties from our base in San Luis Obispo. For 17 years, we’ve worked with a variety of clients and our future efforts are focused on partnering with business improvement districts in alignment with our mission to help build strong communities through strategy, consensus and storytelling. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by and want to be a part of our work and our culture which is guided by four core values.
- We care about our world. We have compassion and empathy for our local and global community, want the best for our friends, family, coworkers and clients. Relationships matter.
- We give of our talents to make a difference. We embrace our ability to help others in big and small ways, making an impact for clients and our community.
- We can be depended upon. We do what we say we’ll do and put a high value on having a strong work ethic.
- We love to learn, grow and get better. The passion for our work drives our desire to look for opportunities for feedback, proactively develop our skills, and feel rewarded by our clients’ success.
Benefits include potential quarterly profit sharing bonuses, $235 per month toward your healthcare plan, 50% contribution toward vision and dental plans, Simple IRA (with up to 3% company match), paid time off and paid sick leave, nine paid holidays (including one on or around your birthday with $50 to do something inspirational!).
We are currently hiring for
About the Position
The Account Manager (AM) acts as the point of contact for communication between clients and agency and President on all jobs before submitted to the client. They represent Verdin’s point of view, promote and defend the agency’s recommendations.
The AM has a strong understanding of client industries, goals and agency working processes to ensure that we are serving client’s needs in the most effective way possible. The AM reports to the company Vice President of Client Services.
- Assume responsibility for client brands
- Oversees creative brief development
- Oversees development of proposals for current clients as needed
- Facilitates and presents in client meetings
- Track hours against estimates; monitor budgets
- Handle long term account planning
- Coordinate research and analyze data
- Work with Creative Director to evaluate creative against creative brief and confirm that project is on strategy
- Work with Project Manager to initiate and track jobs
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the project/program is completed on time and within budget, and meets defined scope and requirements
- Proofread all copy/jobs before they leave the agency
- Act as point of contact for most communication for clients and facilitate tasks appropriately
- Manage project communication, escalation of issues, and ensure the final product meets/exceeds clients expectations
- Track all time in Workamajig, billable and non-billable
- Business development support when needed
- Provide back up phone support when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field; or equivalent in experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing
- Understands what goes into creating and managing medium to complex marketing projects (campaigns, websites, social, video, broadcast, print)
- Positive attitude, flexible, works well under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members of various personality types; desire to enhance the work through collaboration
- Demonstrates initiative; is proactive
- Excellent computer skills
- Motivated by continuous learning and generating successful results
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate through and manage conflicts; problem solving skills
Bonus Points For
- Agency or in-house marketing team experience
- Experience with Workamajig or other project management software
- Experience in business improvement district related work
Note: From time to time employees may be needed to drive materials to clients or vendors. A copy of a current driver’s license and car insurance is required upon date of hire.
About the Position
The Content Strategist is responsible for overseeing and executing content strategy. They need creative vision, collaboration skills, the ability to understand and work with stakeholders, and the ability to see the big picture for Verdin’s and clients. The Content Strategist is accountable to deliver content that is engaging, meet KPIs, metrics, and drive revenue through content. Reports to the Creative Director.
- Works with Creative Director to ideate and define content goals
- Develop and implement content strategies for Verdin and clients
- Adapts concepts and content to all channels, keeping in mind all deliverables when creating a content strategy and implementation plan and keeping all messaging consistent
- Develop concepts of outstanding quality for interactive/web, print, broadcast from concept to production (storytelling), either collaboratively or independently
- Uses content to drive reach, reputation and revenue for Verdin and clients on a variety of digital platforms (blogs, websites, social media) and traditional outlets (PR, printed newsletters, etc.)
- Works to ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of first and foremost promoting the client’s brand image and/or selling their product or service, according to the strategic creative plan
- Writes content that help to build awareness of client brands, products and product benefits and help to stimulate sales and strives for excellence in concept/copy, helping agency to gain recognition for excellent work in ad agency and business communities
- Create all social media content calendar copy for Verdin and clients based on approved strategies
- Write digital copy as needed for websites and any other applicable platform; has an understanding of user experience, keywords and SEO
- Tracks consumer and content analytics and generates reports and presentations
- Track all time and maintain a high billable percentage
- Researches clients’ products/services/image and content and consumer trends to ensure content is relevant and appealing
- Assures that all copy is checked and proofread at the draft and final stages of each project, allowing a “fresh set of eyes” to examine the work
- Assists in writing and proofing proposals
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field; or equivalent in experience
- 3-5 years in marketing experience
- Accountable, innovative and creative, bringing new ideas and technology to the table for implementation of content strategies
- Understands user experience and usability, accessibility, writing for the web and meeting user needs with content
- Expertise in the ever-changing social media landscape, and provide strategic input for client and agency marketing plans
- A creative problem solver that can multi-task and juggle several projects at a time
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team building and collaboration
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced digital environment
Note: The Content Strategist will expected to use their own vehicle for local travel and a rental car for outside of the area. A copy of a current driver’s license and car insurance is required upon date of hire.