The Cowboys are on the Central Coast
by: Amy Blasco
Giddy up, Cowboys fans! The Dallas Cowboys returned to Oxnard July 27 for their annual training camp. The public is invited to meet players and coaches and to join in on the family fun at all open practices through Aug. 14.
Entertainment and activities
- Dallas Cowboys merchandise for sale
- VIP Experience Opportunities for Dallas Cowboys United members
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Autograph sessions (subject to availability)
- Live radio broadcasts and Internet interview streaming
- Food and Drinks available with proceeds benefiting Oxnard’s public schools
“Dallas Cowboys Training Camp 2019 - Oxnard, California” by Visit Oxnard
New This Year
Event partners Visit Oxnard and Ventura County Coast—both Verdin Marketing clients—invested in substantial infrastructure improvements to make the 2019 Training Camp the best one yet! Verdin helped make these changes by creating large scrim designs promoting the Cowboys and local cities. We also developed some speciality marketing pieces, including decaled tables and ground stickers and two surfboards! One of the boards will be a giveaway to the public and the other is a special “thank you” to the Cowboys team and management.
Planning your Dallas Cowboys experience
You can find the team at River Ridge Playing Fields, 2101 W. Vineyard Ave., Oxnard, CA 93036.
Training Camp tends to get crowded, so early arrival is suggested. General admission to this exciting sporting event is free,* but guests must pay for general parking (small vehicles cost $10 per day on weekdays and $20 per day on weekends; larger vehicles cost $20 per day on weekdays and $40 per day on weekends). Parking is limited, so carpooling is encouraged. *Field access charges may apply.
Practice and event schedule times are as follows, but subject to change:
Details for afternoon practices:
- 12 p.m.: Parking lots open
- 1 p.m.: VIP and DCU Elite admitted
- 1:30 p.m: General Public admitted
Details for morning practices:
- 7 a.m.: Parking lots open
- 8 a.m.: VIP and DCU Elite admitted
- 8:30 a.m.: General Public admitted
For more up-to-date information, visit Oxnard's website.