The 24-Hour Give keeps giving … with your help! Donate to SLO Food Bank this holiday.
by: Amy Blasco
It’s been a thrilling and fulfilling ride, creating a full rebrand, marketing strategy and materials for this truly remarkable nonprofit. Verdin is honored to help further SLO Food Bank’s mission of feeding our county’s nearly 46,000 food-insecure residents. The goal of the rebrand is to better educate people about what the Food Bank does and to make accessing their cornucopia of services and resources as easy as possible.
SLO Food Bank, in partnership with 77 agencies, distributes approximately 4 million pounds of food each year to our neighbors, the majority of whom are children and seniors. In order to do this life-saving work, the Food Bank relies on community donations.
As 2019 comes to a close, we ask that you consider stretching the 24-Hour Give beyond its titular timeframe by making a year-end monetary donation to the SLO Food Bank. The Food Bank is able to leverage every dollar donated to purchase more nutritious food for families and individuals in need. Your $1 can become $4 and help that many more people.
If you’d like to give on a more regular basis, SLO Food Bank also offers a smaller monthly donation through ACH, planned and corporate giving programs, as well as “Shop to Give” options through popular retailers, such as AmazonSmile.
Your thoughtful gift will help turn someone’s hungry holidays into Happy Holidays.
During the Night of the 24-Hour Give, Verdin relied on the expertise and generosity of numerous people. We are exceedingly grateful to the Food Bank’s staff and board, our partners and the rest of the Central Coast community for making this year a huge success.
Thank you to the following companies for their contributions:
- Printed collateral from The UPS Store San Luis Obispo, Central Coast Printing, Promotional Concepts, Print Pal Promotions and The Sign Place
- Videos from Red Canary and Highlight Media
- Custom photography by Richard Fusillo
- New website from NDIC
- A fundraising gala for 300 plus meeting space from Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo
- Old Juan’s Cantina, SLO Provisions, Libertine, and Starbucks and Vons in the Marigold Center for keeping our team fed and caffeinated during the 24-Hour Give
Happy Holidays to everyone, and we’ll see you in 2020!