Here’s what French Hospital will look like by 2023
The 85,000 square-foot expansion is intended to implement a vision to deliver on a commitment to excellence, offering patients a transformational care experience. Slated to commence in November of 2019, the new hospital will include:
- 20,000 square-feet of renovated space within the existing facility
- 95 new private patient rooms, for a total of 115 private rooms, bringing the licensed bed count to 195
- An eight-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, delivering critical care to the tiniest of patients
- Five (5) Intensive Care Unit patient suites will be added to our present 11, bringing the total to 16
- A new front entrance and lobby area to fit the growing space
- A helipad to ensure we can get patients requiring emergency care faster
- Expanded space for imaging, labs, materials management, and food preparation
- 90 additional parking spaces for the ease and convenience of patients
- Enhanced and advanced technology
French Hospital Medical Center has seen an influx of growth and expansion as the facility continues to develop to remain the leaders in local health care. Since acquiring French Hospital in 2004, Dignity Health has embarked on a series of significant projects to modernize health care, including: the renowned Copeland, Forbes & Rossi Cardiac Care Center; the innovative George Hoag Family Hybrid Surgical Suite; the technologically advanced Copeland Health Education Pavilion; the expansion and renovation of the Stollmeyer Family Birthing Center and Acute Care Nursery; and the renovation of the highly acclaimed Hearst Cancer Resource Center. In the past 14 years, more than $45 million has been invested in the hospital to transform and modernize the facility.
This highly-anticipated project will be the most significant undertaking yet, redefining health care in San Luis Obispo County.
There is lots of excitement ahead. Click here to learn about “the hospital of the future” that will change the way we experience health care in San Luis Obispo County.