Business Words of Wisdom
by: Christiana Newcomb
Embrace the "power of the quote” with these 10 thought-provoking sayings.
Running. Wandering an art museum. Listening to music. Watching a Ted Talk.
There are all kinds of things we do in our day-to-day lives to seek out inspiration. Other times, it seems inspiration just finds us… like those moments when we stumble upon the simplicity of a good quote.
Here are 10 of our favorite quotes from movers and shakers throughout history.
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. – Albert Einstein
- The customer’s perception is your reality. – Kate Zabriskie
- If you look really closely, most overnight successes took a long time. – Steve Jobs
- Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give – with a few exceptions – generalize whatever they did. – Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest
- There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. – Ray Goforth
- So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard. – Caterina Fake, co-founder of Flickr
- The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. – Ralph Nader
- If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse. – Jim Rohn
- If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%. – Warren Buffett