American Advertising Awards: The Results Are In!
by: Amy Watson
Awards season is in full force, and after hearing back from the 2016 American Advertising Awards, we have some exciting news to share!
Our agency was proud to take home eight American Advertising Awards. We were the only firm in San Luis Obispo County and one of only two agencies in the Coastal California competition to receive that many awards.
If those terms are unfamiliar to you, here’s some context. The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition. (You may be familiar with the term ADDY Awards – that’s its former name.) Work is judged in local American Advertising Federation Club competitions, with over 50,000 entries submitted nationwide.
This year, we were thrilled to earn the following:
- Silver for a digital advertising campaign for the Morro Bay Tourism Bureau. The campaign utilized new technology in static and animated banner ads to reach younger audiences previously unfamiliar with Morro Bay.
- Silver for our work with UCSB in the “Keep Isla Vista Safe” social media campaign. The goal of this campaign was to reduce attendance at a massive student-organized party known as Deltopia, and even at its peak, the crowd that showed up to Deltopia 2015 was only 40% of the number that came in 2014.
- Silver for an invitation package for Dignity Health’s Tenth Annual Celebration of Caring Gala. We designed the invitations and collateral with the theme “Blossoms by the Bayou” for the event, which raised $287,000 in support of the new Copeland Health Education Pavilion at French Hospital Medical Center.
- Bronze for logo design for the Atascadero Tourism Business Improvement District. We designed the logo to reflect the town’s authenticity and approachability.
- Bronze for logo design... for us! The new logo was one piece of our rebrand in September 2015.
- Bronze for local nonprofit Jack’s Helping Hand’s new website.
- Bronze for the new Verdin website, which was another piece of our rebrand.
- Bronze for Goodwill Central Coast’s Back to School campaign a series of advertisements that ran from August through October 2015 to demonstrate how shopping at Goodwill gives you more for your money.
First and foremost, these campaigns are exciting to us because they successfully reached the goals set by our clients. But it’s rewarding to see our hard work recognized not just by satisfied clients, but also by professional judges and industry standards.
Getting industry recognition is icing on the cake, and it’s been a pretty sweet awards season so far.